Hiring Immediately! Part Time.
Meadowbrook prides itself on quality care for our residents - a large part of that care includes emotional care and keeping spirits lifted. The Activity Assistant is a major player in providing outlets for the emotional needs of our residents and insuring they feel connected with others during these difficult times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Activity Assistant will work directly under the supervision of the Activity Director to organize, direct and execute a well-balanced activity program. The program must be diversified enough to meet the varying needs of the residents with regard to age, background, physical limitations, interests, mental capacity, et. Programs may vary due to current COVID 19 restrictions but may include:
- Daily visitation on a one to one basis for residents on the One to One program.
- Selection of appropriate programs for the residents on the one to one program. (crafts, table games, service projects, intellectual activities, etc.).
- Balance of small, medium and large group activities, as well as a balance of programs held on the varied floors and in the central activity room.
- Balance of recreational, intellectual, religious service and community orientated programs.
- Daily group exercise on floors where feasible, individual exercises when group sessions are not possible.
- Leadership of evening and weekend programs at the direction of the Activity Director.
- Daily recording of resident’s participation in activities. Charting residents progress quarterly or more often as needed.
- Participation in the formulation of individual goals for each resident in cooperation with all departments, nursing, dietary, etc. (Attendance at patient – care conferences at the direction of the activity director.)
- Attendance at in-service classes and workshops, both within and outside the facility and department conferences with consultant at the discretion of the Activity Director.
- Contacting each new resident and familiarizing them with the activity opportunities available to them.
- Assist in the formation of the monthly activity schedule and in the evaluation of all programs.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of materials and supplies needed for the day’s programs and for informing the Activity Director of supplies that need to be acquired for upcoming programs.
- Coordination of goals, schedule and program as not to clash with, but rather assist with all other departments.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
in Bloomer, United States